Hello people :D
Yay, my exams are over too!!:D
Haha, Just wanted to clarify what Arik said XD
NaOH is Sodium Hydroxide, which you can find in the periodic table for chemistry. Sodium is under group I, period 3. OH is made up of Oxygen (group 6, period 2) and Hydrogen (ungrouped, period 1). If you want to know why H is ungrouped you can ask me to clarify. HAHA. I'm damn bored l: OH has a valency of -1 while a sodium ion,
not atom, has a valency of +1. Thus, they attract each other, becoming a compound. NaOH is a alkali (hydroxides are all akaline). Aluminium (Al) is an unusual element, which reacts to both acids and alkalis. So placing it with NaOH, an alkalis, there would be a reaction. Haha. I'm not sure what reaction cause I only studied bout Al reacting with acids ): LOL. Everything on top may not be entirely true, cause believe me, I'm not that good a chemistry student.
XD Didn't have school today :D
Good luck for those who have not finished with their exams! :D
Rachel O: